| || |
Section "Environment" carries out analyses and tests on gaseous emissions from ceramics industries, as well as on waste-waters, waste materials and solid residues.
Section "Environment" manages the pollution control laboratory, equipped with two mobile laboratories for sampling pollutants and carries out:
- sampling and analyses of pollutant emissions
- air quality and workroom environment quality assessment
- concentration and release of pollutants in the materials
The results are used with the following aims:
- characterization of gaseous emissions in compliance with the existing laws and regulations
- testing and inspection of air and water purification systems
- assessment of exposure levels to chemical and physical agents in the work place
- assessment of safety conditions: a) in the use of ceramic products destined to be in contact with food; b) in the disposal of wastes, sludges, inertized toxic and special waste.