Advanced Technical Ceramics
| || |
The activity of technical assistance of Section Advanced Technical Ceramics is a function of the specific use of ceramic materials: as the utilization of such materials is growing, it can be observed, in parallel, a raise in the demand for technical assistance, from both manufacturers and users.
Particularly, such assistance follows three main trends:
- analyses and characterizations
- engineering activity, made possible by the knowledge achieved from research activities
- development of innovative know-how for the production of components according to manufacturer's requirements
The activities on behalf of third-parties are as follows:
- tests and analyses for the chemical-physical and morphological qualification of powders
- chemical-physical, microstructural and mechanical characterization of semi-finished and final products
Engineering activities are as follows:
- choice of materials with superior performances for their use as alternative materials
- development of ceramic prototype components for various industrial fields (metal and mechanical, electronic, chemical industry, etc.)
The development of innovative know-how consists of:
- choice of the materials and of the compositions; optimization of the production processes of ceramic components
- Set up of special techniques for densification and machining.