| || |
Section "Chemistry" carries out investigations, laboratory tests, analyses and ceramic raw materials certification.
Section "Chemistry" manages the chemical laboratory and carries out:
- chemical, mineralogical, thermal, particle size, archaeometric analyses
- determination of plasticity
- vitrification diagrams
The results obtained are utilized for the following purposes:
- characterization of raw materials
- verification of the suitability for the different applications
- verification of homogeneity, purity, compositional uniformity, etc.
- achievement of data for the development of new bodies
Section "Chemistry" draws up reports including chemical-physical-ceramic characterization of raw materials, providing also indications about their use, effects and behaviour during firing, etc.