CEN - Comité Européen de Normalisation
- Prof. Carlo Palmonari, Director of Centro Ceramico, is the present Chairman of CEN/TC 67 "Ceramic Tiles". Within the same Technical Committee, Dr. Tenaglia is member of WG1 and WG 2; Prof. G. Timellini is member of WG 4, which is concerned with the formulation of a European Code of Practice for ceramic tile installation.
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with ENAG (European Agreement Group "Ceramic Tiles"), which attends, as regards ceramic tiles, to the definition of a European Mark of conformity to the standards, as well as to the mutual recognition of the results of the tests and certifications carried out in each of the countries involved.
The chairmanship of such Committee is entrusted to Prof. Carlo Palmonari.
Dr. A. Tenaglia provides for the Secretariat.
- Centro Ceramico is member of "Ad-hoc Group: Other Areas" of Task Force "Slipperiness of Floor Coverings" founded by CEN/BTS1 within EC Directive 89/106 "Construction Products Directive".
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with CEN TC/194, dealing with European Standards about utensils in contact with food.
Advanced Technical Ceramics
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with Working Group CEN/BT, aimed to the development of European Standardization about Advanced Technical Ceramics.
- Centro Ceramico is member of "Ad-hoc Committee: Prenormative R&D for Advanced Ceramics" (EC).
ISO - International Standards Organization
Centro Ceramico takes part in the works of TC 189 - Ceramic Tiles. Prof. Carlo Palmonari is Chairman of WG1 - Testing Methods.
ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
Centro Ceramico cooperates with Committee C21 "Ceramic Whitewares and Related Products". Centro Ceramico is member of Working Group "VAMAS - Technical Working Area n. 3: Ceramics", coordinated by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology - USA),whose aim is the development and qualification of methods for the characterization of advanced technical ceramics.
UNI - Ente Nazionale Italiano di Unificazione
Centro Ceramico cooperates with Building Commission and takes part in the following Working Groups, included in SC7 "Tiling Components":
- GL5: "Ceramic Floors"
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with Working Group "Advanced Technical Ceramics".
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with Section Certification for granting Mark of Conformity for ceramic tiles in compliance to UNI Standards.
- Centro Ceramico cooperates with Commission "Food and Drink", Working Group "Utensils in contact with Foods".
- Centro Ceramico has drawn up the Standard UNI EDL 278 "Ceramic Materials".
Ceramic National Council
Prof. Carlo Palmonari is member of CNC of Ministry of Industry, for Artistic and Traditional Ceramics.