Ceramic Centre Seminars
The series of Training & Research Seminars organised by Ceramic Centre at its Sassuolo branch is in progress. For 8 afternoons some extremely important issues for the ceramics industry in different subject areas (Sustainability, International Standards, Safety and Surface Treatments, Innovation) are being illustrated by the Researchers of Ceramic Centre, after a short introduction of the Director. The attendance is free, but the registration is required:
January 21, 2015 – Field of interest: Sustainability
Speaker: Elisa Rambaldi
- Sustainability of ceramic bodies for tiles: choice criteria for selection of waste and / or secondary raw materials as new environmentally-friendly raw materials
- Sustainable ceramic tiles: technical aspects and feasibility
February 4, 2015 – Field of interest: International Standards
Speakers: Pietro Bruzzi, Giordana Carani, Leonardo Sanseverino
- The Standards framework for the characterisation of ceramic tiles: update, prospects and outcome on the export
- Product certification for ceramic tiles: limits, costs and benefits
February 18, 2015 – Field of interest: Safety and Surface Treatments/Surface Performance
Speakers: Barbara Mazzanti, Leonardo Sanseverino
- Slip resistance of ceramic tiles. Comparison among test methods, Standards in force and results
- Anti-slip surface treatments: state of the art, problems and innovation
March 4, 2015 – Field of interest: Safety and Surface Treatments/Surface Performance
Speakers: Francesca Prete, Elisa Rambaldi
- Surface performance of ceramic tiles: correlations between staining/cleanability and microstructure
- Surface functionalisation of ceramic tiles: photocatalytic and antibacterial effects
March 18, 2015 – Field of interest: Sustainability
Speakers: Sandra Fazio, Arturo Salomoni
- Energetically sustainable buildings: possible synergies with ceramic products
- Functionalisation of ceramic tiles: photovoltaic effect and solar reflectance
April 15, 2015 – Field of interest: Innovation
Speakers: Maria Chiara Bignozzi, Giulia Masi (in cooperation with Dept. Civil, Chemical, Environmental and Materials Engineering – DICAM – University of Bologna)
- Geopolymers: properties and characteristics
- Geopolymers for the production of ceramic tiles with low temperature cycles
April 29, 2015 – Field of interest: Sustainability
Speaker: Rossano Resca
- Environmental aspects in the ceramic sector: comparison between Italian and international status
- Energy aspects in the ceramic sector: inspections and actions according to D.L. 102/2014
May 13, 2015 – Field of interest: Innovation
Speakers: Barbara Mazzanti, Luca Patruno (in cooperation with Dept. Civil, Chemical, Environmental and Materials Engineering – DICAM – University of Bologna)
- Modeling in the ceramics industry: potentialities and opportunities
- Integration of advanced numerical analysis in the production of ceramic wares.
Ceramic Centre at Workshop “State of the art and challenges in thermal and mechanical modelling of ceramic materials”
The workshop has brought together international experts in the field of ceramic science and material modelling and representatives from research institutes and industry with the following aims: (i) to set-up the state of the art of the constitutive modelling in ceramics, (ii) to assess the possibilities of improving efficiency and safety in industrial processes of refractories and (iii) to define the current challenges in the engineerization of the liquid steel
technology as related to the use of ceramic components.
Dr. Elisa Rambaldi (Ceramic Centre) has presented the paper “Acoustic and Thermal Performances of Ceramic Tiles” (E. Rambaldi, F. Prete, G. Timellini, M.C. Bignozzi).
Expo Revestir 2015
Ceramic Centre (CC) has attended Expo Revestir 2015 (Sao Paulo, BR, March 3-6, 2015). Prof. Maria Chiara Bignozzi (Director of CC) has presented a paper during Tecnargilla Brasil Forum, in which the latest developments for sustainability in the ceramics industry were illustrated.
Ceramic Centre partecipates in Programme COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)
On Feb. 26, 2015 Ceramic Centre (CC) has attended the Meeting COST Action “Newgen” (New Generation Biomimetic and Customized Implants for Bone Engineering).
The project, aimed to foster the exchange of knowledge in the field of biomaterials between research institutes, companies and clinics, brings together 139 participating institutions from 29 different European Countries (+ USA and Canada).
University of Bologna and Ceramic Centre meet the Directive Board of Confindustria Ceramica
On Feb. 3, 2015, at the headquarters of Confindustria Ceramica, the new Director of Ceramic Centre – Prof. Maria Chiara Bignozzi – has been introduced to the Directive Board of Confindustria Ceramica. The meeting was also attended by Prof. Francesco Ubertini representative of University of Bologna in the Board of Directors of Ceramic Centre and candidate for the position of Chancellor. The presence, at the same table, of University of Bologna, Ceramic Centre and Confindustria Ceramica, has confirmed as “university research, innovation and enterprises” represent three parts that must always act more synergistically, to increase the Italian economic development.
WINCER (Waste Synergy in the production of Innovative CERamics) Project has been funded, after being submitted to EU Call for proposals CIP-EIP-ECO-INNOVATION-2013. The project, in which Ceramic Centre is partner with Fincibec S.p.A. (Sassuolo, MO, Italy) and Minerali Industriali S.r.l. (Novara, Italy) will last three years. The official start of the activities is dated January 27 2015, the day in which the kick-off meeting has been held.